The main objective of the radiation monitoring NPP is considered to ensure radiation safety of the population especially in an emergency. The basic concept of the alarm monitoring is preventive accumulation of information about environmental, meteorological, hydrological, demographic and other characteristics of the area, the nature and composition of the proposed emissions and other factors that significantly influence on the formation of the radiation dose of the population. Alarm monitoring includes forecasting spatial-time distribution of radionuclides, the need for intervention and to take emergency countermeasures. Radio-ecological zoning proposed for optimizing an operational monitoring of the radiation situation, the definition and clarification of the levels of contamination of soil and vegetation and the inclusion of radionuclides in the food chain. Zoning is the basis for recommendations on counter-measures and assess their effectiveness, circuit design and planning of long-term monitoring. When predicting the radiation situation and analyzing the effectiveness of countermeasures, the models developed by the authors.
Keywords: monitoring, radiation accident, prediction, zoning, countermeasures.
1. Guidance for the organization of natural environment state control around an arrangement of nuclear power plant / Ed. К. P. Mahonko, author sections: B. S. Prister, Е. К. Garger. - Leningrad: Gidrometeoizdat, 1990. – 264 p. (Rus)
2. Talerko N. Mesoscale modelling of radioactive contamination formation in Ukraine caused by the Chernobyl accident // Journal of Environmental Radioactivity. – 2005. - Vol. 78. – P. 311 - 329.
3. Prister B.S., Baryakhtar V.G., Perepelyatnikova L.V,. Vynogradskaja V.D., Rudenko V.A., Grytsyuk N.R., Ivanova T.N. Experimental Substantiation and Parameterization of the Model Describing 137Cs and 90Sr Behavior in a Soil-Plant System // Env. Science and Pollution Research. - 2003. - Special Issue No. 1. - P. 126 – 136.
4. Prister B.S., Aleksahin R.М., Bebeshko V.G. et al. He Chernobyl catastrophe: Effectivness of population protec-tion measures, with international cooperation / Ed. academician UAAS B. S. Prister. – Кyiv: CsTI «Energetika i elektrifikacsija», 2007. – 100 p. (Rus)
5. Organization of agriculture production in areas contaminated by the Chernobyl accident in remote period (Re-comendation) / Ed. academician UAAS B. S. Prister. – Кyiv: Atika, 2007. – 196 p. (Ukr)
6. Fedorov E.A., Prister B.S., Romanov G.N. etc. Recommendations on the organization of agricultural and forestry during radioactive contamination of the environment / Ed. Full member UAASIL V. М. Кlechkovskij. – Мoskva, 1973. – 101 p. (Rus)