Electrical conductivity, thermoelectric power and viscosity measurements were carried out in the wide temperature range for the liquid alloys NaF–LiF–LaF3 and NaF–LiF–NdF3, which can serve as blanket components for the molten salt reactors. The electrical conductivity and the thermoelectric power were measured by a contact method in accordance with the 4-point scheme. The dynamic viscosity was measured by oscillating-cup method. It was found that the melt viscosity significantly depends on the chemical composition and varies 1,5 – 2 times during transition from the eutectic concentration to the peritectic one. The same shift significantly alters the temperature dependence of the thermoelectric power. However, the temperature dependence of the electrical conductivity of the samples with lanthanum and neodymium remain practically unchanged.
1. Azarenkov N. A., Bulavin L. A., Zalubovskii I. I. Nuclear Energy. – Kharkiv, KNU, 2012. – 480 p. (Rus)
2. Bulavin L. A.,Tartakovskii V. К. Nuclear Physics. – Кyiv: Znannya, 2006. – 420 p. (Ukr)
3. Structure and properties of molten salts / Ed. E. A. Ukshe. – Moskva: Mir, 1966. – 375 p. (Rus)
4. Savchuk P., Faidyuk N. Investigation of the interaction of composents in the System NaF–LiF–LaF3 // J ECS Transact. – 2010. – Vol. 33, No. 7. – P. 311–319.
5. Faidyuk N. V., Savchuk P. M., Fedorov J. V. Interaction in the system NaF–LiF–NdF3 // Book of poster abstracts 24-th EUCHEM 2012. Molten Salts and Ionic Liquids Conference (August 5 - 10, 2012, Newport, UK) – 2012. – P. 95.
6. Sokolskii V. E., Roik А. S., Kazimirov V. P., Faidyuk N. V., Savchuk P. M. Structure of NaF–LiF–LaF3 eutectic in solid and molten states // Neorganicheskie Materialy. – 2012. - Vol. 48. – P. 416–422. (Rus)
7. Bulavin, L. A., Plevachuk, Yu. O., Sklyarchuk, V. M. Critical Phenomena of Phase separation on Earth and in Space. – Kyiv: Naukova Dumka, 2011. – 280 p. (Ukr)
8. Bulavin, L. A., Sokolovskii B. I., Plevachuk, Yu. O., Sklyarchuk, V. M. Metal-Nonmetal Transition in Ion-Electron Liquids. – Kyiv: ACMI, 2008. – 312 p. (Ukr)
9. Shvidkovski, E.G. Some problems of molten metals viscosity. – Moskva: Gostekhteorizdat, 1955. (Rus).
10. Cutler M. Liquid semiconductors. - New York: Academic Press, 1977. – 226 p.
11. Belashchenko D.K. Transport phenomena in liquid metals and semiconductors. – Moskva: Atomizdat, 1970. – 396 p. (Rus)