NPP`S WELDING REPAIR WORKS USING TECHNOLOGY OF MECHANIZED UNDERWATER WELDING OF CORROSION-RESISTANT STEEL TYPE OF HIGH 18-10
The article presents results of development of welding-repair technology using self-shielded flux-cored wire for wet underwater welding of high-alloy stainless steels type 18-10. The application of this technology allows partially or completely reducing the human participation in welding process under the extreme conditions: at large depth, in radio-active environments (in case of NPS) and also gaining a significant economic effect due to greater efficiency (produc-tivity) of welding-repair works. The practical value of this technology consists in possibility of welding-repair works directly under water without any additional assembly works.
Keywords: wet underwater welding, steel 08Cr18Ni10Ti, NPS, self-shielding flux-cored wire, FCAW, covered electrodes
1. Rozert R. Application of flux-cored wires for welding under industrial conditions // Avtomaticheskaja svarka. - 2014. - № 6-7. - P. 60 - 64. (Rus)
2. Mazur A.A., Pustovojt S.V., Petruk V.S., Brovchenko N.S. Ukrainian market of welding consumables // Avto-maticheskaja svarka. - 2014. - № 6-7. - P. 49 - 55. (Rus)
3. Kononenko V.Ya. Underwater welding and cutting in CIS // Avtomaticheskaja svarka. - 2014. - № 6-7. - P. 43 - 48. (Rus)
4. Hancock R. Underwater nuclear // Welding Journal. - 2003. - № 9. - P. 48 - 49.
5. O`Sullivan J.E. Wet underwater weld repair of Susquehanna unit 1 steam dryer // Welding journal. - 1988. - № 6. - Р. 19 - 23.