The analysis of criteria of division of radioactive wastes (RAW) of object "Ukryttya" is executed on short-lived and long-lived, and their activity. It is shown that to short-lived RAW underactive belong and insignificant part of medium-activity waste. Hundreds of thousands of m3 of RAW on overhead marks belong to long-lived medium-activity wastes. Organization of burial place of such wastes in stable geological structures is an unrealistic task. It is suggested to create the special depository for such RAW, and buried in stable geological structures high-activity wastes only.
Keywords: radioactive wastes, object “Ukryttya", burial place, criteria of acceptance, long-lived wastes, short-lived wastes.
1. RSS Object “Shelter” 2008. Report on the state of safety object "Shelter". - ChNPP, 2008. 436 p. (Rus)
2. Batiy V. G., Shcherbin V, M., Shchulepnikova A. V. Analysis of possible ways of the fuel containing materials after the completion of the new safe confinement construction // Problemy bezpeky atomnyh electrostantsiy i Chornobylya (Problems of nuclear power plants' safety and of Chornobyl). - 2014. - Iss. 23. - P. 32 - 44. (Rus)
3. The strategy of converting an object of "Shelter", the decision-making of the Interdepartmental Commission of on complex decision of problems of СhNPP, protocol № 2 from 12 March 2001. (Rus)
4. Law of Ukraine "On general principles of further exploitation and removal from exploitation of Chornobyl' АЕС and transformation of the destroyed fourth power unit of this АЕС to the environmentally sound system". (Ukr)
5. Law of Ukraine "On the national program of removal from exploitation of Chornobyl' АЕС and transformation of object of "Shelter" to the environmentally sound system". (Ukr)
6. Criteria of acceptance of radioactive wastes are on a burial place in the specially equipped near-surface depository of hard radioactive wastes (SENDHRAW). (Ukr)
7. Batiy V. G., Yegorov V. V., Rudko V.V. et al. Estimate of neutron- and gamma radiation of fuel containing materials // Problemy bezpeky atomnyh electrostantsiy i Chornobylya (Problems of nuclear power plants' safety and of Chornobyl). - 2004. - Iss. 1. - P. 80 - 87. (Rus)
8. Analysis of the current safety "Shelter" and forward-looking assessment of the situation: Repor SRW/ ISTC "Shelter". - Arch. № 3836. - Chornobyl, 2001. - 337 p. (Rus)
9. Bitsky A. A., Gaiko V.B., Grishchenko A.V. et al. Classification of radioactive materials in the "Shelter" as a form of waste // Report ISTC "Shelter" NAS of Ukraine. Inv. 07/01. - Chornobyl, 1992. - 45 p. (Rus)