It is shown that today the turbo generators with hydrogen-water cooling system is most unreliable technical equipment of Ukrainian nuclear power plants. On the one hand, hydrogen has several advantages over other coolers; on the other hand, the presence of hydrogen in the turbo generators systems carries the danger of engine rooms of power plants. It is also shown that the water and oxygen are main hazardous impurities in hydrogen, and zone of generator shaft compaction is the most responsible zone with high concentration of water. From the analysis was found that increasing of hydrogen purity reduces the mechanical losses and the change in total losses depending on the hydrogen purity has a linear nature. For example, with an increase the hydrogen purity from 0,1203 to 0,09 the loss in turbo generator rotor can be reduced by nearly 500 kW, which is about 25 % at a pressure of 0,5 MPa. The possibility of using metal hydrides to ensure purity, purification and hydrogen sorption was looked. The most practical value is for such hydrides as LaNi5Hx, FeTiHx, ZrNiHx. The main advantage the metal hydrides method of purification is a significant reduction in the number of purification stages. It was shown that the use of a thermoelectric gas dryer will reduce the total consumption of technological gases, that are removed from nuclear power plants, by 2,3 – 2,4 times due to a decrease in 5,0 – 6,0 times their absolute humidity, and decrease by 5, 0 times the activity of gases due to an increase in their exposure time in the decrease activity installation. All this suggests that the creation a hydrogen humidity monitoring system in the exploited turbo generator will solve the problem of objective control of hydrogen purity with further computerization and accumulation the information. Using a drainage or purification system of hydrogen, reducing the temperature and humidity of the cooling gas, can increase the reliability of operation the turbo generators and significantly expand the range of admissible electrical and thermal loads.
Keywords: powerful generators, hydrogen, mechanical losses, metal hydrides.
1. Vygovskiy A. V. The basic problems of development of nuclear energy in Ukraine and ways of their decision / A. V. Vygovskiy // Problemy bezpeky atomnykh electrostantsiy i Chornobylya (Problems of Nuclear Power Plants' Safety and of Chornobyl). – 2016. – Iss. 27. – P. 5 - 12. (Ukr)
2. Kensytskyi O. G. Reliability of generating equipment and prospects of Nuclear power development in Ukraine / O. G. Kensytskyi, G. M. Fedorenko // Problemy bezpeky atomnykh electrostantsiy i Chornobylya (Problems of Nuclear Power Plants' Safety and of Chornobyl). – 2016. – Iss. 26. – P. 69 - 74. (Ukr)
3. Fedorenko G. M. Simulation of the effects of hydrogen purity parameters on mechanical losses in a turbogenerator with direct hydrogen cooling type TVV-1000-2UZ / G. M. Fedorenko, O. M. Davidov, M. V. Dudchenko // Pratsi Instytutu elektrodynamiky NAN Ukrainy. – 2011. – Iss. 28. – P. 76 - 81. (Ukr)
4. Fedorenko G. M. Increasing the reliability and efficiency of energy supply by application of modern technologies, management, new electrical equipment / G. M. Fedorenko, Y. K. Voshchins'kiy // Gidroyenergetyka Ukrainy. – 2006. – № 1. – P. 41-46. (Ukr)
5. Albertini M., Cavallini A., Montanary G.C. et al. Diagnostic tool for condition based maintenance of electrical apparatus (CIGRE Session 2004, D1 – 402).
6. Research-technical report «Enhancement of energy efficiency, fire and explosion safety of turbogenerators of thermal power stations and nuclear power plants with hydrogen cooling systems». DR 0107110065.07 / IED NAN Ukrainy. – Kyiv, 2008. (Ukr)
7. Klyuchnikov A. A. Scientific basis of hydrogen safety, reliability and energy efficiency nuclear power plants / A. A. Klyuchnikov, G. M. Fedorenko, Ya. S. Bueva // Problemy bezpeky atomnykh electrostantsiy i Chornobylya (Problems of Nuclear Power Plants' Safety and of Chornobyl). – 2013. – Iss. 20. – P. 18 - 27. (Rus)
8. Gruzdev V. B. Development of an integrated monitoring system for hydrogen drying in electric power industry: author’s abstract of a thesis. PhD / V. B. Gruzdev. – Kazan', 2008. – 16 p. (Rus)
9. Gruzdev V. B. Experimental studies of the condensing power of a thermoelectric moist hydrogen desiccant / V. B. Gruzdev, N. D. Chichirova // Izvestiya vuzov. Problemy energetiki. – 2007. – № 11-12. – P. 137 - 141. (Rus)
10. Gruzdev V. B. Efficiency enhancement of hydrogen drying in turbogenerators of power plants / V. B. Gruzdev, N. D. Chichirova // Izvestiya vuzov. Problemy energetiki. – 2006. – № 3-4. – P. 45 - 47. (Rus)
11. Khutoretskiy G. M. Turbogenerators design / G. M. Khutoretskiy, M. I. Tokov, Y. V. Tolvinskaya. – Leningrad : Energoatomizdat. Leningrad. otdeleniye, 1987. – 256 p. (Rus)
12. Daydzhest nauchno-tekhnicheskikh razrabotok IPMash im. A. N. Podgornogo NAN Ukrainy ; еd. by V. V. Solov'yev. – 2008. – Iss. Metallogidridnyye tekhnologii. – 36 p. (Rus)