The scenarios for transforming the object «Ukryttya» in EBS, which preceded the Shelter Implementation Plan (under the TACIS project in 1996) and the scenarios proposed in the research paper "Analysis of options for the Shelter Object Transformation Strategy" (2017). In the final report of the TACIS project, a framework program of actions aimed at implementing the transformation of the object «Ukryttya» into an environmentally safe system - "Recommended Approach", which is known in further documents as the Recommended Course of Action - is formulated and outlined. The analysis concludes the Recommended Course of Action remains relevant and retains flexibility, allowing it to adapt to further decisions on the management of fuel containing materials and optimization of future activities. To make a decision on determining the optimal time and strategy for removing PCM it is necessary to obtain: data during the preparation and implementation of dismantling of unstable structures of the object "Ukryttya"; data during monitoring of fuel containing materials. To implement these measures, it is necessary to determine the source of funding sufficient to start and complete the work on the dismantling of unstable structures and the implementation of the "Program of scientific and technical support at the stages of commissioning and operation of the NSC-OU".
Keywords: object "Ukryttya", new safe confinement, fuel containing materials, environmentally safe system, recommended course of action.
1. Shelter Implementation Plan / Tacis DG IA, European Commission and the US Department of Energy. - Brussels, 1997. (Rus)
2. Chernobyl Unit 4. Short and Long Term Measures. Final Report / Tacis DG IA, European Commission. - Brussels, 1996. (Rus)
3. On measures for converting the Shelter object into an environmentally safe system : Resolution of Ukrainian Cabinet of Ministers № 1561 from 28.11.1996. – Kyiv, 1996. (Ukr)
4. Analysis of the options of the Strategy for transformation of the Shelter object. Stage 3. Description of scenarios for the implementation of the 3rd stage of the Strategy for the transformation of the Shelter object of research, contract No. 301607 of 10/07/2016. (Ukr)
5. FCM removal and Waste Management Strategy. P7 decision paper / NNEGC «Energoatom». - Kyiv 2000. (Rus)
6. Shelter оbject FCM and Waste Management Strategy. Action Plan. SIP-P-D1-19-120-STG-083-02, 2005. (Rus)
7. FCM Removal Prototype Decision. P9 decision paper / NNEGC «Energoatom». – Kyiv, 2001. (Rus)