The problems of the correspondence of pre-project measurements of dose rate and real values in the implementation of projects at the object "Ukryttya" are considered. The inadequacy of the dose rate data obtained during the study leads to additional doses of personnel and an increase in the cost of the project. A complex-methodical approach is proposed to improve the accuracy of the investigation of the radiological conditions at radiation-hazardous objects with strong gamma-ray anisotropy. The use of a suite of radiometric equipment and a set of methods for measuring the energy characteristics and intensity of the angular distribution of gamma radiation, as well as the use of a spatial model for modeling the change in radiation conditions during operation, will significantly reduce the difference in radiation conditions. This approach has not been used previously.
Keywords: object “Ukryttya”, shelter implementation plan, dose rate, radiation-hazardous object.
1. Safety analysis of the implementation of the stabilization project for the support beam B1 and B2 / А. М. Alyoshin, V. G. Batiy, V. N. Gluhenkiy et al. // Problemy Chornobylya (Problems of Chornobyl). – 2000. - Iss. 6. – P. 25 – 35. (Rus)
2. Measurement of the angular distributions of the intensity of gamma radiation in the work zones on stabilization of the object "Shelter" / А. М Alyoshin., V. G. Batiy, V. V. Yehorov et al. - Chornobyl, 2002. - 47 p. - (Prep. / National Academy of Sciences of Ukraine. Interdisciplinary Scientific and Technical Centre “Shelter”; 02-1). (Rus)
3. Measurements of the above-ground gamma-ray fields. Phase 2. Measurement report. Shelter implementation plan. Chernobyl NPP. – Unit 4. Report SIP K 01 21 310 MR2 003 02, 01.07.04. - 211 p. (Rus)
4. Investigation of the angular and energy characteristics of the gamma-field in the installation zone of the Arch NSC / V. G. Batiy, S. I. Glebkin, V. V. Yehorov et al. // Materials of the 7th Scientific and Practical Conference "Nuclear objects: Reliability and Security", Slavutich, 20 - 23 Sept. 2005. International Chernobyl Center, 2006. CD. (Rus)
5. Investigation of radiation conditions in the main space of the NSC-OU after installation of the arch structure in the design position / V. V. Yehorov, Yu. V. Morozov, L. I. Pavlovskiy, A. O. Kholodiuk // Abstracts of the XV Conference on High Energy Physics, Nuclear Physics and Accelerators. 21 - 24 March 2017. Kharkov, p. 73. (Rus)
6. Change of radiation conditions at the “Ukryttya” object after pitching of arch construction / V. V. Yehorov, Yu. V. Morozov, L. I. Pavlovskiy, A. O. Kholodiuk // Problemy bezpeky atomnykh electrostantsiy i Chornobylya (Problems of Nuclear Power Plants' Safety and of Chornobyl). – 2017. - Iss. 28. – P. 75 – 81. (Ukr)
7. Analysis of changes in the radiation situation after the NSC arch slide / V. G. Batiy, V. M. Rudko, V. N. Shcherbin, D. V. Fedorchenko // Abstracts of the XV Conference on High Energy Physics, Nuclear Physics and Accelerators. 21 - 24 march 2017. Kharkov, p. 63. (Rus)
8. Dynamics of changes in the radiation situation near the object "Ukryttya" after the construction of a new confinement / V. G. Batiy, N. A. Kochnev, V. A. Kuzmenko, B. M. Rudko // Problems of Chornobyl. – 2001. - Iss. 8. - P. 85 – 87. (Rus)
9. Goorley T., James M., Booth T. et al. 2012. Initial MCNP6 release overview. Nucl. Technol. 180, 298–315.
10. Agostinelli S., Allison J., Amako K. et al. 2003. Geant4 – a simulation toolkit. Nucl. Instrum. Methods Phys. Res. Sect. A: Accel. Spectrom. Detect. Assoc. Equip. 506, 250–303.