The work is devoted to the up to date problem that is the description of the radioactive particle diffusion processes. One of the aims of the present study is to estimate the effects caused by the irradiation of the liquid systems on the ongoing transport processes. That can allow predicting the behavior of the liquid systems in the presence of the radioactive sources. The main objective of the present work is studying the radioactive particles diffusion phenomena with the possible facilitated diffusion processes being considered. The phenomena are studied based on the fundamental relations of the nonequilibrium statistical thermodynamics. The diffusive flows are evaluated with the special attention given to the accounting of the entropy effects due to the appearance of the new radioactive particles in the system. The developed approach is used to estimate the diffusive flow of the radioactive particles for the case of the plane-parallel pore with the semi-transparent walls. The choice of a model can be justified as it might be used to describe the production of the radioactive contaminated water when the radionuclide face the diffusion process after being washed from the radioactive wastes and the rests of the nuclear fuel. Within the suggested model it is shown that the diffusion coefficient depends on the structural properties of the liquid systems that might be changed under the influence of the irradiation. The obtained equations for calculating the diffusive flows show the definite stabilizing effect in respect to the concentration difference in between the boundaries of the plane-parallel pore. It leads to the decreased changes of the diffusive flow when the concentrations of the radioactive particles at the boundaries are changed in comparison with those observed for the constant diffusion coefficient. The observed behavior for the ideal solution model is explained by the entropy effects. The qualitative analysis of the possible influence of the changes in the equilibrium and non- equilibrium properties of the water systems under irradiation on the radioactive particles diffusion coefficient and the diffusive flow is presented in the work.
Keywords: radioactive particles diffusion, facilitated diffusion, irradiation.
1. Berlin R. E. Radioactive waste management / R. E. Berlin, C. C. Stanton. – NY.: John Wiley and Sons Inc., 1988.
2. Ewing R. C. Radiation effects in nuclear waste forms for high-level radioactive waste / R. C. Ewing, W. J. Weber, Jr. F. W. Clinard // Prog. Nucl. Energy. – 1995. – Vol. 29. – P. 63.
3. Chernobyl - What Have We Learned? (Ed. Y. Onishi, O. V. Voitsekhovich, M. J. Zheleznyak). - Springer, 2007. – Vol. 12 (Environmental Pollution series). – 291 p.
4. Abram T. Generation-IV nuclear power: A review of the state of the science / T. Abram, S. Ion // Energy Policy. – 2008. – Vol. 36. – P. 4323.
5. The molten salt reactor (MSR) in generation IV: Overview and perspectives / J. Serpa, M. Allibertd, O. Beneš et al. // Prog. Nucl. Energy. – 2014 – Vol. 77. – P. 308.
6. Ritu D. Ambashta. Sillanpää Membrane purification in radioactive waste management: a short review / Ritu D. Ambashta, E. T. Mika // J. Env. Rad. – 2012. – Vol. 105. – P. 76.
7. Byung M. W.. Ionization-induced surface tension reduction of water droplets / M. W. Byung, H. J. Jung // Applied Physics Letters. – 2008. – № 93. – P. 244105.
8. Radiation influence on the temperature-dependent parameters of fluids / L. A. Bulavin, K. V. Cherevko, D. A. Gavryushenko et al. // Phys. Rev. E. – 2016. – Vol. 93. – P. 032133.
9. г-Radiation effect on ionic liquid [bmim][BF4] / M. Qi, G. Wua, Q. Li, Y. Luo // Radiation Physics and Chemistry. – 2008. – № 77. – P. 877–883.
10. Sysoev V. M. Correlation functions and dynamical structure factor of a nonisotropic medium near the critical point /V. M. Sysoev, A. V. Chalyi // Theor. Math. Phys. – 1974. – Vol. 19. – P. 515 - 519.
11. Sysoev V. M. Correlation functions and dynamical structure factor of a nonisotropic medium near the critical point classical fluid in a gravitational field / V. M. Sysoev, A. V Chalyi // Theor. Math. Phys. – 1976. – Vol. 26. – P. 82 - 88.
12. de Groot S. R., Mazur P. Non-Equilibrium Thermodynamics. – Amsterdam: North-Holland Publishing Company, 1962. – 456 p.
13. Sundaram N. Friction coefficient analysis of multicomponent solute transport through polymer membranes / N. Sundaram, N. A. Peppas // J. Appl. Polym. Sc. – 1996. – Vol. 60. – P. 95 - 101.
14. Afzal Awan M. Transport Properties of Nonelectrolyte Liquid Mixtures. XI. Mutual Diffusion Coefficients for Toluene+n-Hexane and Toluene+Acetonitrile at Temperatures from 273 to 348 K and at Pressures up to 25 MPa / M. Afzal Awan, J. H. Dymond // Int. J. Thermophys. - 2001. - Vol. 22, № 3. - P. 679 - 699.
15. MD simulation of the radiation influence on the thermophysical properties and the structure of water / L. A. Bulavin, K. V. Cherevko, D. A. Gavryushenko et al. //[електронний ресурс] arXiv:1701.06965v1 [cond-mat.stat-mech]