The assessment of the total radiation impact of radiation-hazardous objects on the environment on the territory of the Chernobyl exclusion zone was the purpose of the study. More than 50 active and potential radiation-hazardous objects have been identified and described. The greatest threat is represented by 16 objects of the first hazard category (according to OSPU-2005 classification), which are related to the ChNPP infrastructure, as well as facilities intended for temporary and permanent storage of radioactive waste. Among them, a special place is occupied by the integrated NSC-SO facility. All these facilities are located within the 10-km zone of the Chernobyl NPP. A database of unified characteristics of radiation-hazardous facilities was created. Database include information about their exact location, purpose and parameters of radiation effects on the environment. However, much of this information is either missing or requires updating. These problems will be solved at the subsequent stages of studies of radiation-hazardous objects in the territory of the Chernobyl exclusion zone.
Keywords: radiation-hazardous object, radiation effect, Сhernobyl execution zone.
1. Ivanov Y. А. Some unsolved radioecological problems of the Chernobyl Exclusion Zone / Y. А. Ivanov, S. А. Paskevych // Agroekologicheskiy zhurnal (Agroecological journal). - 2005. - № 3. - P. 26 - 31. (Rus)
2. Ivanov Yuriy A. Exclusion Zone of Chernobyl NPP Analysis of Unsolved Radioecological Problems at the Phase of the Accident / Yuriy A. Ivanov, Mikhail D. Bondarkov, Sergii A. Paskevych // Proceedings “The International Conference on Radioecology and Environmental Radioactivity”. Bergen. Norway. 15 - 20 June, 2008. Part 2. – P. 163 - 166.
3. Radiation effect of man-made sources on the population of Zhyoty Vody / V. I. Vit'ko, L. I. Goncharov, V. V. Kartashev, G. D. Kovalenko, A. I. Kuzin. – 2005. - P. 248 - 286. (Rus)
4. Batiy V. G. Forecast of the radiation consequences of man-caused activities on the territory of the Chernobyl Exclusion Zone / V. G. Batiy, S. A. Paskevych, A. A. Sizov // Tez. doc. V Congress on radiation research. - Vol. 3. Moscow. April 10 -14, 2006. - Мoskva, 2006. - P. 80. (Rus)
5. Impact Assessment of Radiological Consequence of Technogenic Activities in Chernobyl Exclusion Zone /
S. Paskevych, D. Gorodecky, A. Sizov, V. Batiy // Proceedings “The International Conference on Radioecology and Environmental Radioactivity”. Bergen. Norway. 15 - 20 June, 2008. Oral and Oral Poster Presentation. Part 1. – P. 270 - 273.
6. Summary summary report on the results of complex engineering and radiation surveys of power units No. 2 and 3. Code 14.50.420.300-01.53 / SSE ChNPP. - 2005. (Rus)
7. SIP-N-LI-22-E001_-SAR-002-05. Launching complex 1. License package 6. Project "Protective structure with technological life support systems and necessary infrastructure". Report on the analysis of safety. Chapter 2 "Designation and classification of the NSC CSK". - 2012. (Rus)
8. Report "Risk assessments and review of previously developed rehabilitation strategies in the process of implementing the Chornobyl Pond Chiller Decommissioning Project. Atmospheric transfer of radioactive aerosols from drained areas of the bottom of the reservoir-cooler". Contract with IAEA No. 2011105085-EG of November 4, 2011. (Rus)
9. Development of conservation projects for PELPRO on the territory of the 30-km Exclusion Zone. Step 1.2. Completion of the CWPRO survey, sampling and analysis of both soil and water, generalization of field measurements, installation of signs "Radiation danger" / STC KORO. - Yellow Waters - Chernobyl, 1994. (Rus)
10. OSAT Chernobyl. Final report on the inventory of radioactive wastes in Chernobyl Exclusion zone. 8 June 1999. Report no. OSAT/RPT/OSA//00031, TACIS, DG IA European Commission, June 1999.
11. Consolidated report on the results of inspections of the Chornobyl Exclusion Zone / SSP "Complex".- 2009. (Ukr)
12. Kireyev S. I. Radiation conditions on the territory of the Exclusion Zone in 2012 / S. I. Kireyev, O. V. Dem'yanovich,
K. I. Smirnova // Problemy Chernobyl'skoy zony otchuzhdeniya (Problems of the Chernobyl Exclusion Zone). - 2013. – Iss. № 11. - P. 18 - 37. (Rus)
13. Radionuclide migration in the experimental polygon of the Red Forest waste site in the Chernobyl zone – Part 1: Characterization of the waste trench, fuel particle transformation processes in soils, biogenic fluxes and effects on biota / V. Kashparov, V. Yoschenko, S. Levchuk, D. Bugai, N. Van Meir, C. Simonucci, A. Martin-Garin // Applied Geochemistry (Special Issue: Chernobyl). – 2012. - Vol. 27. - P. 1348 - 1358.
14. Basic sanitary rules of radiation safety of Ukraine (OSSU-2005). (Ukr)