During the implementation of the Shelter Implementation Plan (PMU), no work on the handling of fuelcontaining materials (FCM) was implemented in full. The tasks regarding the prior characterization and development of the technology for the removal of FCM were postponed and practically carried out beyond the scope of the PMU, and only a prior decision was made on the strategy for the removal of FCM and radioactive waste. One of the main assumptions of the previous strategy that FCM at the Shelter Object will be in a controlled state for at least 50 years before their removal, as there is no urgent need for the removal of FCM in the near future. In the future (less than 50 years), it is necessary to consider risks of deterioration of nuclear and radiation safety indicators, therefore the operating organization of SSE ChNPP must develop and implement the decision to bring the FCM into a controled state.
Keywords: the Shelter оbject, safe long-term facility, fuel containing materials, environmentally safe system, controlled state.
1. Shelter Implementation Plan. - Brussels, 1997. (Rus)
2. Chernobyl Unit 4. Short and Long Term Measures. Final Report. - Brussels, 1996. (Rus)
3. Technological regulations of the object Shelter of the reactor unit number 4 of the Chernobyl nuclear power plant, 1P-OU. (Ukr)
4. Strategy of transformation of the "Shelter" object. Approved by the decision of the Interdepartmental Commission for the Integrated Solving of Chornobyl NPP Problems, Minutes No. 2 of 12.03.2001. (Rus)
5. Program of scientific & technical support at the stages of NSC-SO commissioning and operation on the subject "Development of the Program of scientific & technical support at the stages of NSC-SO commissioning and operation"- ChNPP, № ТВ 16 22.12.2016. (Ukr)