The basis of hydrogen safety, reliability and energy efficiency blocks and turbine building nuclear power plants are presented. The fundamentals of vision and strategy for nuclear security were developed. We have reported the main sources of hydrogen from nuclear power. Radiation-chemical formation of hydrogen in the coolant of the 1st contour (the radiolysis of the coolant; decomposition of hydrazine and ammonia, corrosion of stainless and carbon steel, steam radiolysis in the containtment), the high-temperature reaction of zirconium and steam, oxidation of the metal, CO effect. The compiled a list of possible admixtures that can get into the body of the generator, showed their influence on the purity and total mechanical losses. The main admixtures that get into the body of the generator are: water, turbine oil, oxygen, water-oil spray. Therehore, the increase the purity of the hydrogen in turbogenerators have reduces mechanical losses, such as losses due to friction of the rotor and the tie, friction losses in the bearings, the losses on ventilation. In conclusion, the ensure the cleanliness the hydrogen gas removal of admixtures or selective extraction of hydrogen gas is possibile of using metal hydrides.
Keywords: hydrogen safety, рrobabilistic safety analysis, the cooling system of the generator, cleanliness hy-drogen, the use of metal hydrides.
1. Kluchnikov O.O. In the area of the high responsibility (The algorithm of ensure the reliability of nuclear power plants) // Visnuk NAN Ukrainy. – 2010. - № 4. – P. 41 - 47. (Ukr)
2. Begun V.V., Gorbunov O.V., Kadenko I.M. A probabilistic Safety Analysis of nuclear power stations: Training guide.– Кiev, 2000. – 568 p. (Ukr)
3. Gromov G.V., Sevbo А.Е. On the determination of the integral core damage frequency // Yaderna ta radiatsiyna bezpeka. – 2009. Iss. 4. - P. 23 - 26. (Rus)
4. Kensytsckiy О.G., Kluchnikov A.A., Fedorenko G.M. Safety, reliability and efficiency exploitation of electrical power equipment and nuclear power units. – Chornobyl: Institute for safety problems of nuclear power plants, 2009. – 240 p. (Rus)
5. Begun V.V., Begun S.V., Shyrokov S.V. Culture of Security at nuclear facilities in Ukraine: Training guide – Кiev, 2009. – 363 p. (Rus)
6. Asmalov V.G., SydorenkoV.А. Nuclear Power: the present and the guarantee for the future // Аtomnaya energiya. - 2004. - Т. 96, Iss. 1. - P. 3 - 23. (Rus)
7. General position of the safety of nuclear power stations. Approved by the State Nuclear Regulatory Committee of Ukraine № 162 on November 19, 2007. Registered in the Ministry of Justice of Ukraine on January 25, 2008 under number 56/14747 (Ukr)
8. Catastrofe-free Nuclear Technology for the Future World (The safety of nuclear technology for energy produc-tion). Kugeler, Kurt; Phlippen, Peter-W; Research Centre Germany. Word Energy Council,16 th CONGRESS TOKYO '95.
9. Mikeev А.К. Fire protection of the nuclear power plant. - Мoskva: Energoatomizdat, 1990. - 432 p. (Rus)
10. Semashko S.Е., BezlepkinV.V. The measures to ensure the hydrogen explosion protection for power unit0s №1, 2 Kola NPP VVER-440/230. – Podolsk: FGYP OKB «GIDROPRESS», 2005. (Rus)
11. Thermophysics security stations: Monograph / A. A. Kluchnikov, I.G. Sharaevskiy. – Chornobyl: Institute for safety problems of nuclear power plants, 2010. – 484 p. (Rus)
12. INTERNETIONAL ATOMIC ENERGY AGENCY, Mitigation of Hydrogen hazards in severe accidents in nuclear power plants, IAEA-TECDOC-1661. - Vienna, 2011.
13. The scientific and technical report of "Improving energy efficiency, fire and explosion safety turbogenerators of the thermal and nuclear power plants with hydrogen cooling systems". DR 0107110065.07 / IED NAN Ukrainy. – Кyiv, 2008. (Ukr)
14. Schaslyviy G.G., Fedorenko G.M., Vygovskiy V.I. Turbo and hydro generators at variable load schedule. – Кiev: Naykova dumka, 1985. – 208 p. (Rus)
15. Fedorenko G.M., Davydov О.М., Dudchenko М.V. Modelling of the influence of parameters cleanliness hydrogen on the mechanical losses in turbogenerator with direct hydrogen cooling type TVV-1000-2UZ // Pratsi instytuty elektrodunamiky NAN Ukrainy. – 2011. – Iss. 28. – P. 76 - 81. (Ukr)
16. Fedorenko G.M., Ostapchuk L.B., Kensytsckiy О.G. Safety and reliability of power generators and ways of there improve // Pratsi instytuty elektrodunamiky NAN Ukrainy. – Iss. 30. – P. 39 - 42. (Ukr)
17. Digest of Scientific and Technical razrabotok IPMash im. A.N. Podgornogo NAN Ukrainy / Edit. V. V. Solov’ev. – 2008. – Iss. Metallogudrydnye tehnologii. – 36 p. (Rus)
18. Fracture mechanics and strength of materials: Help important among / Edit. V. V. Panasuk. Т. 8. Strength of of materials and longevity of structural elements of nuclear power plants / О. О. Balytskiy, V. А. Grabovskiy. – Кyiv: V.D. “Akademperiodyka”, 2005. - 378 p. (Ukr) Full text